We’re looking for…
an organised and energetic individual to join our team in Sheffield. Our business is built around providing the best lettings experience for our customers and a simple letting process for our landlords. We value our relationships and strive to be the best at everything we do.
Primarily renting properties to students, we work in a fast-dynamic industry, this busy and exciting role will be supporting the Lettings department in all aspects of administration.
The successful candidate will play a very important part in our busy office helping support our whole team and also gaining valuable experience in all aspects of lettings.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to);
– Manage inbound communications from tenants and landlords
– Work closely with our maintenance manager to ensure our properties are kept up to the standard we require throughout tenancies
– Vet prospective tenants by collecting references and completing necessary paperwork e.g. tenancy agreements
– Ensure properties meet legal and health and safety requirements, e.g. gas safety certificates
– Work as part of the team to ensure our move in/move out process is smooth
– Greeting clients in the office
– Creating legal documents for new tenancies
– Creating tenancy renewals
– Protecting Deposits
– Carrying out routine property visits at fully managed properties
– Arranging keys and other general office tasks
– Referencing and registering new applicants and clients
The ideal candidate must:
– Have a positive, proactive and flexible approach
– Have exceptional Customer Service and communication skills
– Have IT knowledge and skills
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills
– Confident and dynamic telephone manner.
– Be highly organised
– Work well under pressure
– Have the ability to build rapport with customers and landlords
– Must be computer literate
– Able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly
– You ideally will have some customer services experience
What to expect
Work is office based, but you’ll also spend time visiting properties, either for inspections and marketing opportunities or for viewings with potential tenants.
You’ll usually work around 37.5 hours a week, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. You might also be asked to work in the evenings or on Saturdays during the busier periods.
What Can We Do For You?
– 23 holidays plus bank holidays
– Reduced Christmas hours (TBC)
– A laid-back environment where you and your opinions matter
– Salary Expectation – dependent upon experience
How to apply
Send your CV and a cover letter as to why you would like to work for us to firstname.lastname@example.org